Seagull rescued from chimney wire in Sidmouth
PUBLISHED: 15:20 18 April 2017
Fire fighters came to the rescue of a seagull that was trapped by a cable on the roof of a Sidmouth home last Friday (April 14).
A call had come from the RSPB and the crews arrived in Coburg Road at 3.45pm to find the bird in distress and trying to break free of its bindings.
A fire service spokesman said the seagull was in ‘so much torment’ it was decided to attempt a rescue.
Ladders and safety equipment was used to reach the bird and a fire fighter was able to free its leg from the chimney cable without causing any further injury.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.