Seagull rescued from chimney wire in Sidmouth

PUBLISHED: 15:20 18 April 2017

Seagull cut out

Seagull cut out

Archant

Fire fighters came to the rescue of a seagull that was trapped by a cable on the roof of a Sidmouth home last Friday (April 14).

A call had come from the RSPB and the crews arrived in Coburg Road at 3.45pm to find the bird in distress and trying to break free of its bindings.

A fire service spokesman said the seagull was in ‘so much torment’ it was decided to attempt a rescue.

Ladders and safety equipment was used to reach the bird and a fire fighter was able to free its leg from the chimney cable without causing any further injury.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald