Seagull rescued from chimney wire in Sidmouth

Seagull cut out

Seagull cut out - Credit: Archant

Fire fighters came to the rescue of a seagull that was trapped by a cable on the roof of a Sidmouth home last Friday (April 14).

A call had come from the RSPB and the crews arrived in Coburg Road at 3.45pm to find the bird in distress and trying to break free of its bindings.

A fire service spokesman said the seagull was in ‘so much torment’ it was decided to attempt a rescue.

Ladders and safety equipment was used to reach the bird and a fire fighter was able to free its leg from the chimney cable without causing any further injury.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus