Seal spotted enjoying Sidmouth waves
- Credit: Archant
Dog walkers and passers by were treated to a rare sight as a seal was seen off Sidmouth beach.
Sidmouth played host to a seal on Monday (November 19) who was spotted enjoying the sea waves.
There were reports in the morning of the seal frolicking in the morning waves and it was captured on camera when it returned in the afternoon.
Local photographer Kyle Baker was in the right place at the right time to snap a couple of pictures of the mammal who was putting on a bit on a show for the camera.
Kyle said he was ‘lucky to spot him’ and took several snaps as the seal made its way through the waves.
You may also want to watch:
Seals have been spotted in the local area before with one being pictured last year in Budleigh Salterton but have not been seen in Sidmouth for a while.
They are known to be creatures of habits and will often travel to the same spot year after year.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge