Sealed bid auction of painting to boost RNLI branch’s fundraising efforts
- Credit: Archant
An original painting by an artist from Beer, worth up to £1,400, is up for grabs in a sealed bid charity auction.
Andrew Coates has donated an original abstract oil painting, called Light Works China Trip 2015, to the Seaton and District Branch of the RNLI.
Wendy Cummins, secretary of the branch, thanked Andrew for his support and said the group was inviting bids starting from £400.
The painting can be viewed at Marine House Gallery.
Sealed envelopes should be dropped into the Marine House Gallery in Beer, or emailed to email@example.com, before tomorrow (Saturday).
You may also want to watch:
The envelopes will be opened in the Dolphin Hotel at 7.30pm tomorrow night.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again