Search continues for missing Daniel Chambers
- Credit: Archant
The search for missing schoolboy Daniel Chambers, 15, continues this weekend as a Facebook group is set up to help find him.
The search continues for missing Sidmouth teenager Daniel Chambers this morning (Saturday).
Daniel, 15, was last seen on Wednesday morning at his home address in Tipton St John.
Last night (Friday) officers confirmed they had extended their search for Daniel to the nearby River Otter.
It is understood the search was stood down last night but resumed at first light this morning.
Today a Facebook group has been set up to aid the search for missing Daniel.
The Please Help Find Missing Daniel Chambers group is urging people to spread the word to find the schoolboy.
You may also want to watch:
The group, formerly the South Devon Missing Persons Group, has changed its name in support of the appeal to find Daniel.
Group admin Shaun Spencer posted: “Our older members will note that we’ve had a temporary group name change whilst we search for Daniel chambers.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
“We will revert back to the Friends of South Devon missing person group as soon as he is found.
“In the meantime can I ask everyone to SHARE this group to The South Devon area particularly the Sidmouth area.”
Last night Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Cavin said: “We are appealing to people who know and use the walkways around the River Otter, particularly between Tipton St John up to Ottery St Mary.
“We know that Daniel used this area and we think he may well have been seen by many walkers and other members of the public who use these paths.”
Daniel was last seen at his home address by his parents at 7.30am on Wednesday.
He usually catches the bus to school from the Golden Lion in Tipston St John at approximately 8.15am to attend school but was not seen getting onto the bus that morning.
Daniel is described as white, around six feet tall, of a slim build, with short dark brown hair and is clean shaven.
He was last seen wearing dark coloured chinos and a grey hoodie with horizontal stripes on the back.
If you think you may have seen Daniel, please contact police immediately on 101 quoting log 502 13/12/17.