Search for missing dog broadens to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An East Budleigh woman’s high-profile search for her missing dog is being broadened to Sidmouth.
Black labradoodle Daisy went missing in mid-November while on a walk at Otter Ledge with her owner, Ali Colledge.
She has used leaflet drops, poster appeals and even sought advice from a psychic in the search, and is asking for help from across East Devon in following leads.
Family friend Jennie Marshall said: “The leaflet drop in targeted areas has already been bearing fruit in that we have received a couple of calls from people notifying us of places where they are sure Daisy isn’t.
“It all helps us to determine where we need to continue our focus, so we are very grateful for every single call and the time people are giving to guide us.”
The poster gives a full description of missing Daisy, shows photographs of the curly-coated Labrador-poodle cross and gives full details of what to do if the missing dog is spotted or found.
Acupuncturist Ali said sightings of Daisy have dried up and believes someone could have taken the dog in.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
The psychic told them to seek people with the names Molly or Helen in a place called Long Meadow, and Ali said she needs help interpreting these clues.
Jennie added: “We won’t give up until we find Daisy and will try every new idea that comes our way to keep her profile as high as we can.
“Please keep checking sheds, outbuildings and any other areas you feel it possible a wandering dog may be sheltering in.
“And do ask around - it is always possible someone has taken Daisy in and is completely unaware she is missing from a loving home.”
If you spot a dog that looks like Daisy, call Ali on 07984 428074 or 01395 443274, or Jennie on 01395 442445 or 07970 444163. The council dog warden is on 01395 571517.