Search goes on for missing Sidmouth woman as maritime teams stand down
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing their search for a missing Sidmouth woman off the water as maritime teams stand down.
Police say they are ‘increasingly concerned’ for the welfare of Tanya Vickery, who was last seen at approximately 10:40pm yesterday (Tuesday, February 7) on the Esplanade, near to The Marine pub, from where she made her way onto the beach and has not been seen since.
Emergency services searched land and sea throughout the night and Sidmouth Lifeboat was re-launched at 9.31am today (Wednesday, February 8) to continue scouring the shoreline.
Police helicopters, dive team and dog units are also out searching the area.
Acting Inspector Mat Helm said: “Maritime team have stepped down temporarily pending further investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
He said teams benefited from good conditions and are continuing their investigation.
Tanya, who is from the Sidmouth area, is described as white, slim build, 5ft 5ins tall with black straight shoulder length hair.She was last seen wearing a white puffer jacket.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Senior coxswain Guy Russell confirmed both Sidmouth Lifeboat vessels were launched this morning and crews searched the coast from Brandy Head, Budleigh Salterton, to Branscombe. The larger boat has now been stood down but crew onboard the smaller vessel have been asked to stay at sea and assist police diving crews.
He added that police officers and dog units continue to scour the beach.
Anyone who has seen Tanya or has any information that might assist police with their search is asked to call police on 101 and quote log 835 07022017.