Interact with the past at pop-up event at Sidmouth Museum
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters will be able to ‘peep’ back in time as part of an interactive day at Sidmouth Museum.
Children can turn their hand to being constructors, collectors and a detective in a range of activities to learn about the past.
A Victorian seaside 'peep-o-board' has been created for the event by retired carpenter Dave Kensale and painted by Sidmouth artist Margaret Adams. Bradford Building Supplies donated material for the project.
Mrs Adams, who organizes the big draw day at the museum, brought the Sidmouth board to life, painting the Victorian children with a backdrop of Sidmouth's cliffs.
The board was the idea of young visitor leaders Marian Gadden and Dorothy Slack for the perfect photo opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be able to enjoy an early peep at the board when it is brought to The Esplanade for a preview on August 20 between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
The pop-up day will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm on Wednesday, August 21.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Youngsters can have fun in Victorian clothes and learn about Jurassic history. There will be stocks, a murder mystery, splat the rat and more.