Interact with the past at pop-up event at Sidmouth Museum
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters will be able to ‘peep’ back in time as part of an interactive day at Sidmouth Museum.
Children can turn their hand to being constructors, collectors and a detective in a range of activities to learn about the past.
A Victorian seaside 'peep-o-board' has been created for the event by retired carpenter Dave Kensale and painted by Sidmouth artist Margaret Adams. Bradford Building Supplies donated material for the project.
Mrs Adams, who organizes the big draw day at the museum, brought the Sidmouth board to life, painting the Victorian children with a backdrop of Sidmouth's cliffs.
The board was the idea of young visitor leaders Marian Gadden and Dorothy Slack for the perfect photo opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be able to enjoy an early peep at the board when it is brought to The Esplanade for a preview on August 20 between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
The pop-up day will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm on Wednesday, August 21.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
Youngsters can have fun in Victorian clothes and learn about Jurassic history. There will be stocks, a murder mystery, splat the rat and more.