Seaton and Beer RNLI sale nets £500 in anniversary year
- Credit: Archant
Seaton and Beer RNLI district branch kicked off its golden anniversary by raising more than £500.
The group held its annual table-top sale last month in the Mariners Hall to mark the start of its 50th year.
Secretary Wendy Cummins put together a display of the group’s history including videos of Beer lifeboat week from 1998 and 1999.
In the afternoon, Roy Beal, who kayaked from London to Seaton in August 2016 for the RNLI, switched on the electricity at its Jubilee Gardens shop.
The day was completed with a music night in the Dolphin Hotel, which raised another £100.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy thanked Steve and Mandy Graham for providing the music and to businesses for donating raffle prizes.
The branch’s annual general meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 8, in the Function Room of the Dolphin Hotel.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Wendy said: “We welcome everyone to attend and additional volunteers are also always needed. We look forward to a busy and successful and busy 2017.”