Seaton firefighters called to kitchen fire in Branscombe

PUBLISHED: 13:24 11 January 2018 | UPDATED: 13:24 11 January 2018

Archant

Firefighters were called to Branscombe following reports of a kitchen fire this morning (Thursday).

A crew from Seaton was sent to the address shortly after 9.30am after a call saying a fire was out but smoke remained in the property.

On arrival crews found there had been a small oven fire.

A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said: “One appliance from Seaton was mobilised to check the fire was completely out and assist with ventilating the property.

On arrival crews found there had been a small fire in an oven, and confirmed it was out on their arrival. No damage had been caused by either smoke or fire, although one person received medical advice from a doctor over the phone as a precaution.

The cause of fire was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald