Secluded Gardens open in Sidmouth
MONEY raised from a berries and music afternoon will be used to create a secluded garden in memory of Anne Bagwell, a stalwart member of Sidmouth in Bloom. Hopefully it will be in Blackmore Gardens.
MONEY raised from a berries and music afternoon will be used to create a secluded garden in memory of Anne Bagwell, a stalwart member of Sidmouth in Bloom.
"Hopefully it will be in Blackmore Gardens. We have talked with East Devon District Council and they have agreed for us to do this," said Bloom president Joy Seward.
She said members had spoken to Oliver Bagwell and sons Peter and Martin about the project, which it is hoped will be finished this autumn.
Meanwhile this year's Sidmouth's Secluded Garden week, which Anne organised for some years before her death, began yesterday (Thursday) and ends on Tuesday, July 14.
There are nine gardens participating and schedules, costing �4, are available at Sidmouth Information Centre.
Littlecourt Cottages, Seafield Road, which featured on television while it was being created, will open on Monday, July 13, only, from 11am to 4pm, while Jasmine Cottage, Weston, opens each day except Monday, from 2-5pm.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
Teas are available at some of the gardens.
*A coffee morning in memory of Anne will be held by her family at Sidmouth Sailing Club on her birthday, Thursday, July 17, from 10.30-12.30. Proceeds will go to Sidmouth Hospice and Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund.