Second helping of top grub and family fun!
- Credit: Archant
Organisers behind the Ottery Food and Families Festival have big things planned for this year’s event – including more live music, cooking demos from top chefs and a return of the Ottery fish dancing.
The two-day festival, scheduled for June 13 and 14, will also feature more activities for children and a bigger street market.
Organiser Ruud Jansen Venneboer said: “We’re going for a repeat of last year’s event, and I’ll be happy if we match last year’s experience.
“But we’ve taken on a lot of feedback and made improvements based on what we’ve heard.
“There’s going to be more on both nights, which should help make it much more of a whole weekend event.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that the festival would be sticking to its original aim of showcasing the town to people who would not usually visit – which could provide a boost for local traders.
“We’re trying to encourage businesses to open on the Saturday, and to do something a bit different to entice people in. There’s going to be thousands of people in town, so it’s a great opportunity to make the most of.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead