Second helping of top grub and family fun!
- Credit: Archant
Organisers behind the Ottery Food and Families Festival have big things planned for this year’s event – including more live music, cooking demos from top chefs and a return of the Ottery fish dancing.
The two-day festival, scheduled for June 13 and 14, will also feature more activities for children and a bigger street market.
Organiser Ruud Jansen Venneboer said: “We’re going for a repeat of last year’s event, and I’ll be happy if we match last year’s experience.
“But we’ve taken on a lot of feedback and made improvements based on what we’ve heard.
“There’s going to be more on both nights, which should help make it much more of a whole weekend event.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that the festival would be sticking to its original aim of showcasing the town to people who would not usually visit – which could provide a boost for local traders.
“We’re trying to encourage businesses to open on the Saturday, and to do something a bit different to entice people in. There’s going to be thousands of people in town, so it’s a great opportunity to make the most of.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz