Second memory awareness event at Sidmouth
What’s on Your Mind is theme of memory awareness event at Sidmouth Methodist Church this month
A SECOND memory awareness event will take part in Sidmouth, with the theme What’s on Your Mind?
It will be held from 10am to 1pm at Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall on Tuesday, March 15.
The event, organised by Sidmouth Locality Health & Care Team, backed by Sidmouth Hospital, run by NHS Devon, will provide information for people with concerns about memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s and will be supported by organisations which specialise in memory loss.
Those invited include Sidmouth Health Link, Sidmouth Voluntary Services, Sid Vale branch of Carers UK and Sid Valley Memory Caf�.
You may also want to watch:
Healthcare professionals at the event will do their best to answer people’s questions and people with serious issues will be signposted to agencies where they can get more help.
Emma Bagwell, Sidmouth Hospital’s matron, said: “I hope as many people as possible will be able to attend the event as memory loss could affect any of us at any time.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Remembering all lives that were tragically taken too early
- 8 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 9 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 10 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
“We want to show that even if someone is experiencing memory problems, good self management can lead to a long and independent life.”
There will be several talks during the morning starting at 10.30 a.m. with Vic Bowsher, followed by Derek Eagles of Sid Valley Memory Caf�.
At the previous memory awareness event at Sidmouth, many of those attending said they wanted it to be run at least twice a year.