Second Ottery 'poop scoop' hailed a success
PASSIONATE pooch owners promoting responsible dog ownership in Ottery orchestrated a second poop scoop in the town earlier this month.
PASSIONATE pooch owners promoting responsible dog ownership in Ottery orchestrated a second "poop scoop" in the town earlier this month.
Ottery Dogs, who collected around 60 bags of dog mess in some of the town's fouling hot-spots in October, held a second day of action on November 29 and hope their message is getting to residents.
Group spokeswoman Anne Bateson said: ""During the morning we picked up less poo than our last poop scoop day, over a wider area, despite the onset of the darker nights and mornings, this could mean the message is getting out to people.
"It was encouraging that the morning event was attended by the some of our town councillors and we will be meeting with them shortly to discuss partnership working and proposals to ban dogs from the Winters Lane recreational ground and to impose restrictions on dog walking in the Land of Canaan Park."
You may also want to watch:
"Ottery dogs now have a dedicated telephone number, if you see anyone fouling please contact us so that we can pass on this intelligence to the local authority. If you spot dog mess around the town call us and a member of our team will clean it up. All calls will be treated in confidence."
A further day of action at the Millennium Green and Otter River banks is planned before Christmas. Ottery Dogs can be contacted on 07544 656388.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98