Security firm to patrol Sidmouth’s Connaught Gardens
- Credit: Archant
A local security firm has offered its services on a not-for-profit basis to patrol the town’s gardens at weekends during the summer holidays.
The main focus will be on Connaught Gardens. The gardens at Blackmore are already secured from late evening.
Two security guards will patrol from 10pm to 2am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend until the end of August.
Ben Waring of Safeguard, said: “We made the offer because we are eager to support initiatives that benefit the community.”
The intervention follows months of vandalism and rowdy behaviour by groups of young people sometimes up to 120 in an evening.
You may also want to watch:
Ben added: “It’s really important to win the hearts and minds of the youngsters so that they realise how lucky they are to be in Sidmouth.
“These kids won’t know what they’ve got until it’s gone.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
The summer patrols will cost the Council about £2,500.