See how Knowle plans have ‘evolved’ at exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The second of a pair of exhibitions hosted by the developer lined up to buy the East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) offices at Knowle takes place today (Friday).
At the first event in November, PegasusLife revealed its provisional plans for the 4.7-acre site, which included 126 retirement homes, a restaurant and gym facilities.
Residents were invited to give feedback at the first exhibition, and the firm says this week’s showing at The Woodlands Hotel, in Station Road, will show how the proposals have ‘evolved’ .
Pegasus has signed up to buy EDDC’s office site from the authority for between £7million and £8million. The proceeds will be used by the council to fund its relocation from Sidmouth to new offices in Honiton and renovate facilities at Exmouth Town Hall.
However, the project hinges on PegasusLife securing permission to redevelop the site.
You may also want to watch:
The firm has previously said it intends to submit a formal planning application for the site in March.
Today’s exhibition will be open from noon until 7.30pm.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 10 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future