See how Knowle plans have ‘evolved’ at exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The second of a pair of exhibitions hosted by the developer lined up to buy the East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) offices at Knowle takes place today (Friday).
At the first event in November, PegasusLife revealed its provisional plans for the 4.7-acre site, which included 126 retirement homes, a restaurant and gym facilities.
Residents were invited to give feedback at the first exhibition, and the firm says this week’s showing at The Woodlands Hotel, in Station Road, will show how the proposals have ‘evolved’ .
Pegasus has signed up to buy EDDC’s office site from the authority for between £7million and £8million. The proceeds will be used by the council to fund its relocation from Sidmouth to new offices in Honiton and renovate facilities at Exmouth Town Hall.
However, the project hinges on PegasusLife securing permission to redevelop the site.
You may also want to watch:
The firm has previously said it intends to submit a formal planning application for the site in March.
Today’s exhibition will be open from noon until 7.30pm.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory