‘Unique’ Sidmouth coffee house Selleys for sale
- Credit: Archant
A much-loved coffee house and tea garden in Sidmouth town centre has been put up for sale.
Selleys, in Libra Court, first opened 30 years ago and has been run by the current owners for seven years.
It is being marketed by the commercial property company Stonesmiths, which describes it as ‘a popular and well-regarded character licensed café, coffee house and tea garden’ in ‘quite unique’ premises.
Em Swallow, whose pottery decoration business Something Lovely is also based in Libra Court, said she would be sad to see the present owners go, describing them as ‘lovely people’.
She said: “It was a really good two-way thing, people could take their drinks and cakes from the café into the studio.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that there seems to have been ‘quite a lot of interest’ in the café, and she had seen people being shown around the premises.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club