Send us your pictures of your VE Day anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Pamela Stirling
With lockdown making street parties and church services impossible, people are being encouraged to commemorate the 75th anniversary of VE Day in their own homes.
We would love to receive photos of how our readers marked the occasion.
On Friday, May 8, there will be a national two-minute silence at 11am.
Memorial services will be available to view online.
At 3pm, everyone is invited to raise a glass to toast the war heroes.
You may also want to watch:
At 9pm, the time of King George VI’s 1945 announcement of the end of the war in Europe, BBC1 will broadcast a message from the Queen, followed by a singalong of wartime songs including We’ll Meet Again.
People are encouraged to decorate their homes with bunting, 1940s-style, and even dress in period clothing as they celebrate at home with their families.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
If you would like to share your VE Day celebration photos, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload via iwitness24.