Send us your pictures of your VE Day anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Pamela Stirling
With lockdown making street parties and church services impossible, people are being encouraged to commemorate the 75th anniversary of VE Day in their own homes.
We would love to receive photos of how our readers marked the occasion.
On Friday, May 8, there will be a national two-minute silence at 11am.
Memorial services will be available to view online.
At 3pm, everyone is invited to raise a glass to toast the war heroes.
You may also want to watch:
At 9pm, the time of King George VI’s 1945 announcement of the end of the war in Europe, BBC1 will broadcast a message from the Queen, followed by a singalong of wartime songs including We’ll Meet Again.
People are encouraged to decorate their homes with bunting, 1940s-style, and even dress in period clothing as they celebrate at home with their families.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
If you would like to share your VE Day celebration photos, send them to email@example.com or upload via iwitness24.