Series of consultations for Beer Neighbourhood Plan
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Beer are being called upon to make their opinions count – by helping shape the future of the village.
Beer Parish Council will be hosting drop-in sessions to discuss the Neighbourhood Plan, a document that will form a blueprint to influence future developments.
During the council’s last meeting, Councillor Mike Green said: “I don’t think we are getting anywhere near enough response from the people by just doing surgeries.”
The council has agreed to four consultations, with the first to be held on Thursday, August 4, from 2.30pm to 5pm in the Mariners Hall during Beer Horticultural Society’s Flower Show.
Residents will be able to attend sessions in the hall on Saturday, August 6, from 10am to noon, on Tuesday, August 23, from 5pm to 7pm, and at Beer Sailing Club on September 7 from 10am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Residents are being asked to complete a short questionnaire on potential sites for additional housing in the village.
The consultation will be fed into the plan as it currently does not allocate any specific sites for new housing.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
A map of four potential sites have been created:
Site one: Land between Quarry Lane and Paizens Lane
Site Two: An extension of the Short Furlong development to the west.
Site Three: Field to the south of Park Road to the west of Southdown.
Site Four: Land off New Road.
All proposed land, including recommendations by residents, will then be assessed for sustainability.
To read the full draft of the plan visit the council’s website www.beerparishcouncil.org.uk