Seth Lakeman and Show of Hands to return to FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
Organisers say only a few Super Early Bird tickets remain for Sidmouth’s famous week of festivities
Residents have one last chance to get their hands on Super Early Bird tickets for this year’s Sidmouth FolkWeek – with only a handful remaining.
Shaping up to be another classic festival, the event continues to champion the very best of contemporary and traditional folk music of these isles – with a particularly pride in the showing off outstanding, home-grown, South West talent.
Three of the most widely celebrated acts featured from the region include feisty fiddle-singer Seth Lakeman, acoustic dynamo duo Show of Hands with Miranda Sykes, and, back by popular demand, the briny powerhouse that is Port Isaac’s Fisherman’s Friends.
The nectar-voiced Jim Causley returns, curating a best of West Country traditions show, How The West Was Sung. And, showing off two of the most in-demand contemporary folk duos, Kathryn Roberts & Sean Lakeman and Phillip Henry & Hannah Martin take to the stage!
You may also want to watch:
Making sure that the tradition is in safe hands going forward, FolkWeek continues with its Eye to the Future focus, with concerts including the English Folk Dance & Song Society-curated Folk Rising Plus series featuring many rising stars. Bristol-based magazine fRoots’ Cellar Full Of Folkadelia Sessions feature some wonderful new discoveries (Rhona Dalling, The Trio Dhoore and The Dead Rat Orchestra) alongside some leftfield heroes of yore (Wizz Jones, Tymon Dogg and Hot Vultures.)
With that focus on young people, the beating heart of Sidmouth FolkWeek’s Children’s Festival remains at Blackmore Gardens with a superb line-up of talented young performers appearing on stage and at pop-up events, alongside a wealth of activities for children to get involved in. The whole family is treated to high quality evening concerts featuring puppet shows, storytelling, music and a ceilidh.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Merely scraping the surface of what’s on offer throughout the week, there are many more convincing reasons to book the last few remaining Super Early Bird tickets at www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk