Seth Lakeman to perform at Sidmouth FolkWeek and more news
Seth Lakeman will perform at Sidmouth FolkWeek in 2012. Read this and more.
FOLKWEEK: Seth Lakeman will perform at Sidmouth FolkWeek in 2012. Early line-up announcements also include favourites June Tabor, Oysterband and Zimbabwe’s high-stepping Black Umfolosi. Best-ever value season tickets are now on sale for popular event, which will run from August 3 to 10, and are available at Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre and at www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk.
CLOTHES PLEA: Sidmouth residents have been asked to have a rummage at home this Christmas and think about donating quality items to the town’s Cancer Research shop. Sharon Lupu, manager at the Fore Street store, hopes the charity can benefit from unwanted clothes that have never, or rarely, been worn. “Please start the New Year with a donation which will really help change people’s lives,” said Sharon.
You may also want to watch:
JOBS: Unemployment has risen in Devon in the last year. The number of people claiming Jobseekers’ Allowance (JSA) went up by 1,169 to 9,829. Devon County Council said JSA claimants fell slightly from 9,556 in September to 9,516 in October.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
NO NUTS: Nuts have been banned from Sidmouth Primary School because they pose a potentially deadly risk to youngsters with severe allergies. Teachers have asked mums and dads to scrap the snack, or food with any traces of it from, children’s lunchboxes. A plea to parents said: “There are a number of children in school with severe nut allergies, so please could you avoid sending your child into school with nuts or food with traces of nuts in their packed lunch.”