Sewing classes for complete beginners in Sidmouth this half term
- Credit: Archant
Aim is to build children’s confidence and pass on skills to next generation of stitchers
Needle novices and sewing starters are invited to learn new skills and gain the confidence to create items this half term.
Amazing Craft and Sidmouth Fabrics and Haberdashery have joined forces and will be holding classes to teach complete beginners how to sew by hand on Monday, February 13.
Each two-hour session will be taught by Becky Lewis, of Amazing Craft, who says the aim is to give children sewing confidence and to help build the foundations of hand sewing.
Participants will create their own personalised needle case or a felt animal key ring and receive a 14-page booklet with step by step instructions to help practise sewing at home.
You may also want to watch:
Becky has worked with children for over 14 years abd said “I was lucky enough to have an inspirational school teacher who taught our entire class how to sew when we were about seven years old. I have sewn many things since then and I still have, and use, the needle case that I made when I was a child. To be passing these skills on to the next generation is an absolute privilege.”
The classes will be held at 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm in Sidmouth Fabrics and Haberdashery, in Mill Street.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
To find our more and book a place, call into the shop or visit www.amazingcraft.co.uk.