Sewing classes for complete beginners in Sidmouth this half term
- Credit: Archant
Aim is to build children’s confidence and pass on skills to next generation of stitchers
Needle novices and sewing starters are invited to learn new skills and gain the confidence to create items this half term.
Amazing Craft and Sidmouth Fabrics and Haberdashery have joined forces and will be holding classes to teach complete beginners how to sew by hand on Monday, February 13.
Each two-hour session will be taught by Becky Lewis, of Amazing Craft, who says the aim is to give children sewing confidence and to help build the foundations of hand sewing.
Participants will create their own personalised needle case or a felt animal key ring and receive a 14-page booklet with step by step instructions to help practise sewing at home.
You may also want to watch:
Becky has worked with children for over 14 years abd said “I was lucky enough to have an inspirational school teacher who taught our entire class how to sew when we were about seven years old. I have sewn many things since then and I still have, and use, the needle case that I made when I was a child. To be passing these skills on to the next generation is an absolute privilege.”
The classes will be held at 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm in Sidmouth Fabrics and Haberdashery, in Mill Street.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
To find our more and book a place, call into the shop or visit www.amazingcraft.co.uk.