Sex offences and child cruelty in Sidmouth crime tally
- Credit: Archant
CRUELTY to a child, 11 assaults, an out-of-control dog, a pair of sexual offences and a racial incident were among crimes reported in Sidmouth last month.
Logged felonies dropped by 15 per cent when compared to the same period last year.
There were 48 offences recorded by the police in July – compared to 56 in the corresponding period in 2012.
Other incidents included four burglaries, eight acts of criminal damage to a building, 10 thefts, one count of shoplifting and one of making off without payment and four thefts from motor vehicles.
A breach of a restraining order was also recorded and the assaults included one of a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
Two Communications Act offences, one of drink-driving, one of vehicle interference and three of theft from a person were also logged.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National