Sex offences and child cruelty in Sidmouth crime tally
- Credit: Archant
CRUELTY to a child, 11 assaults, an out-of-control dog, a pair of sexual offences and a racial incident were among crimes reported in Sidmouth last month.
Logged felonies dropped by 15 per cent when compared to the same period last year.
There were 48 offences recorded by the police in July – compared to 56 in the corresponding period in 2012.
Other incidents included four burglaries, eight acts of criminal damage to a building, 10 thefts, one count of shoplifting and one of making off without payment and four thefts from motor vehicles.
A breach of a restraining order was also recorded and the assaults included one of a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
Two Communications Act offences, one of drink-driving, one of vehicle interference and three of theft from a person were also logged.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon