Sex offences and child cruelty in Sidmouth crime tally
- Credit: Archant
CRUELTY to a child, 11 assaults, an out-of-control dog, a pair of sexual offences and a racial incident were among crimes reported in Sidmouth last month.
Logged felonies dropped by 15 per cent when compared to the same period last year.
There were 48 offences recorded by the police in July – compared to 56 in the corresponding period in 2012.
Other incidents included four burglaries, eight acts of criminal damage to a building, 10 thefts, one count of shoplifting and one of making off without payment and four thefts from motor vehicles.
A breach of a restraining order was also recorded and the assaults included one of a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
Two Communications Act offences, one of drink-driving, one of vehicle interference and three of theft from a person were also logged.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 10 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term