Shakespeare play to be held in Sidbury
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand. This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabetha
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand.
This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabethan house as a backdrop.
The engaging tale has both comedy and passion, and the central theme delivers the most suspense-filled court scene of all the great plays.
With specially written accompanying music by folk legend Johnny Coppin, UK songwriter, musician and BBC presenter, this richly costumed production is designed to appeal to all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are Adults �12.50, children �8. Tickets will also be available on the night at �14.50 and �10 respectively. Once again this production is in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund and Sand.
The gardens open at 6pm for picnics and the performance starts at 7.30pm. The audience is asked to bring their own seating, and warm clothing.
- 1 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 2 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 3 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 4 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 5 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 6 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 7 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 8 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 9 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 10 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
For tickets phone Sand on (01395) 597230.