Shakespeare play to be held in Sidbury
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand. This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabetha
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand.
This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabethan house as a backdrop.
The engaging tale has both comedy and passion, and the central theme delivers the most suspense-filled court scene of all the great plays.
With specially written accompanying music by folk legend Johnny Coppin, UK songwriter, musician and BBC presenter, this richly costumed production is designed to appeal to all ages.
Advance tickets are Adults �12.50, children �8. Tickets will also be available on the night at �14.50 and �10 respectively. Once again this production is in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund and Sand.
The gardens open at 6pm for picnics and the performance starts at 7.30pm. The audience is asked to bring their own seating, and warm clothing.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 7 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 8 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 9 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 10 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
For tickets phone Sand on (01395) 597230.