Shakespeare play to be held in Sidbury
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand. This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabetha
THE Festival Players Theatre Company will once again be visiting Sidbury to perform Shakespeare in the garden at Sand.
This year, in true Elizabethan tradition, an all male cast will perform The Merchant of Venice on Thursday, July 23 with the Elizabethan house as a backdrop.
The engaging tale has both comedy and passion, and the central theme delivers the most suspense-filled court scene of all the great plays.
With specially written accompanying music by folk legend Johnny Coppin, UK songwriter, musician and BBC presenter, this richly costumed production is designed to appeal to all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are Adults �12.50, children �8. Tickets will also be available on the night at �14.50 and �10 respectively. Once again this production is in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund and Sand.
The gardens open at 6pm for picnics and the performance starts at 7.30pm. The audience is asked to bring their own seating, and warm clothing.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
For tickets phone Sand on (01395) 597230.