Shed donation aids Sidmouth cancer shop
Extra storage at Sidmouth charity shop thanks to anonymous donor and shed company
THANKS to a generous anonymous donation by a customer and help from a shed supplier, Sidmouth’s Cancer Research UK now has more storage space.
Manager Sharon Lupu is thrilled with a new shed, erected by Sheds Direct Devon Ltd on Friday, as it means her volunteer staff won’t have to negotiate metal stairs so often to find stock.
When a male customer heard the shop was running out of space to store donations, he donated �250 to the charity for a shed, and when Leigh Perry, owner of Sheds Direct near Topsham, heard from Sharon, he added almost the same again to upgrade her purchase and got son Joe and colleague Craig Higham, to deliver and erect it.
“We have put a lot of sheds up for companies and schools, but this is the first charity shop we have done,” said Joe as he finished roofing the 6ft by 4ft wooden shed.
“It is going to make such a difference, I am delighted,” said Sharon. “We are so restricted for space and our other shed is falling apart.”
Now she has the shed, Sharon is on the lookout for help to install shelves and hooks to make the most of the new space.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
She is also happy to hear from anyone with donations to raise money for cancer research on (01395) 577203.