Sheep shearing contest near Newton Poppleford
Ashtree Farm hosts sheep shearing competitors and sheepdog trails
SHEEP, sheepdogs, shearers and shepherds will entertain at a farm near Sidmouth this weekend.
They will converge on Ashtree Farm, Northmostown, run by Clinton Devon Estates, on Sunday, August 15, for lamb shearing competitions and dog trails run by Devon County Show.
Entry is free and this annual contest thrills all ages, who enjoy the spectacle of fast-paced shearing competitions that attract top shearers who take less than a minute to shear a sheep.
The pace is slower, but no less exciting, in the One Man and His Dog style sheep trails where the skill and relationship between handler and dog is put to the test.
You may also want to watch:
The day starts at 9am with shearing competitions and the whole day is packed with fun and excitement for all the family.
Ashtree Farm, Northmostown, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 0NL.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance