Craft, dance, theatre and music for teenagers at Sidmouth Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Shooting Roots celebrates its 25th anniversary at Sidmouth with craft, dance, theatre and band workshops for 12-17-year-olds, as well as its continued collaboration with the superb Stream of Sound choir, who will be turning 21, and appearances from the National Youth Folk Ensemble.
Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail are back too, bringing authentic traditional Scottish music performed by accomplished young musicians to Sidmouth.
Many previous participants of the Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail have gone on to carve out very successful musical careers and Iona Fyfe, Kim Carnie and Rachel Newton are all with us this year.
Catch Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail during the week at the following events:
Monday, August 5, 8.00pm - Bedford Hotel Concert.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday, August 6, 3.30pm - Anchor Garden Stage
Tuesday, August 6, 8.00pm - Cellar Bar Kennaway House
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Wednesday, August 7, 3.15pm - Sounds of Modern Scotland Concert in Manor Pavilion with Iona Fyfe, Kim Carnie & Sheena Wellington.
Wednesday, August 7, 8.00pm - Young Musicians session in Rugby Club with Shooting Roots and National Youth Folk Ensemble.