Craft, dance, theatre and music for teenagers at Sidmouth Folk Festival
- Credit: Archant
Shooting Roots celebrates its 25th anniversary at Sidmouth with craft, dance, theatre and band workshops for 12-17-year-olds, as well as its continued collaboration with the superb Stream of Sound choir, who will be turning 21, and appearances from the National Youth Folk Ensemble.
Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail are back too, bringing authentic traditional Scottish music performed by accomplished young musicians to Sidmouth.
Many previous participants of the Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail have gone on to carve out very successful musical careers and Iona Fyfe, Kim Carnie and Rachel Newton are all with us this year.
Catch Fèis Rois Ceilidh Trail during the week at the following events:
Monday, August 5, 8.00pm - Bedford Hotel Concert.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday, August 6, 3.30pm - Anchor Garden Stage
Tuesday, August 6, 8.00pm - Cellar Bar Kennaway House
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Wednesday, August 7, 3.15pm - Sounds of Modern Scotland Concert in Manor Pavilion with Iona Fyfe, Kim Carnie & Sheena Wellington.
Wednesday, August 7, 8.00pm - Young Musicians session in Rugby Club with Shooting Roots and National Youth Folk Ensemble.