Shop window smashed in Sidmouth and more news
A shop window was smashed in Fore Street, Sidmouth, in December. Read this and more.
SMASHED: A shop window was smashed in Fore Street, Sidmouth, between 5.30pm on Saturday, December 17, and 9.30am on Sunday, December 18. Police have appealed for information. Contact officers by dialling 101, crime reference: KS/11/730.
LASER: Two 3D laser scanner units have been allocated to Devon and Cornwall Police as part of a Government bid to tackle motorway and main road closures after crashes. The Department for Transport has awarded 57 police forces across England �2.7 million, with Devon’s share at �129,605.
You may also want to watch:
BLOOD: NHS Blood and Transplant is warning a ‘perfect storm’ could be created by 2012’s bumper sporting calendar and extra bank holidays, severely affecting blood donation levels.
With the Olympics and Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, NHSBT it fears a dramatic reduction in blood being donated, but needs an extra 500 donations a week in the first six months of 2012 to build up stocks to cover those attending the Olympics. Visit www.blood.co.uk, call 0300 123 2323 to become a blood donor.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members