Shoppers keep cancer charity’s bus on the road
- Credit: Archant
SHOPPERS at Waitrose have filled Sidmouth Living With Cancer’s minibus with petrol for a month.
The Stowford Rise store handed £600 to the charity as a result of its Community Matters scheme in December.
“The money will be used to sponsor our minibus for one month - diesel and running costs - and is really appreciated by the group and all of the people that use it,” said chairman Bill Lankester MBE.
He thanked all of the members of the public who chose the cause and put their green tokens in its box and the managers and staff of Waitrose.
An anonymous member of the public has given the group a further boost and handed it £106.
You may also want to watch:
The kind-hearted resident donated the proceeds of the sale of their used furniture - having purchased new items from Potburys and placed the old ones for sale in their auction sales room.
“We are extremely grateful,” added Bill. Potburys did not make any charges for the sale.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses