Shoppers keep cancer charity’s bus on the road
- Credit: Archant
SHOPPERS at Waitrose have filled Sidmouth Living With Cancer’s minibus with petrol for a month.
The Stowford Rise store handed £600 to the charity as a result of its Community Matters scheme in December.
“The money will be used to sponsor our minibus for one month - diesel and running costs - and is really appreciated by the group and all of the people that use it,” said chairman Bill Lankester MBE.
He thanked all of the members of the public who chose the cause and put their green tokens in its box and the managers and staff of Waitrose.
An anonymous member of the public has given the group a further boost and handed it £106.
You may also want to watch:
The kind-hearted resident donated the proceeds of the sale of their used furniture - having purchased new items from Potburys and placed the old ones for sale in their auction sales room.
“We are extremely grateful,” added Bill. Potburys did not make any charges for the sale.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year