Shoppers shocked as dog plunges from Sidmouth window
SHOCKED High-Street shoppers have described the gut-wrenchingly sickening moment a dog was injured after plummeting from a Sidmouth window- nearly hitting a pedestrian.
SHOCKED High-Street shoppers have described the "gut-wrenchingly sickening" moment a dog was injured after plummeting from a Sidmouth window- nearly hitting a pedestrian.
Onlookers were stunned last Friday morning as the canine plunged from a first-floor High Street property, and concerned as blood dripped from the animal's mouth after it landed.
A witness, who did not want to be named, said: "I couldn't believe it, I was just about to go into Somerfield, when it came out of the window, just like a model dog with its feet straight down, then, bang, it landed in the middle of the pavement- narrowly missing a woman on the path.
"I called the police and was one of four witnesses. There was another, black dog, at the window."
You may also want to watch:
Another Sidmouth dog-lover, who wanted to remain anonymous, said the sight of the bloodied dog was "gut-wrenchingly sickening". He said he had seen two animals on the ledge, by an open bay-window beforehand and had thought there was an "accident waiting to happen."
A Sidmouth police spokeswoman said officers were made aware of the incident, attended the scene and located the dog's owner.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
She said the owner and dog, a male Staffordshire bull terrier crossed with a collie, were taken to the vets where the animal was treated for a graze to its chin and was otherwise "ok".