Short stay in Long Park: ‘traveller liaison officer notified’ after caravans stop off at Sidmouth park - but vehicles leave within hours
- Credit: Archant
Caravans arrived at Long Park in Sidmouth, off Arcot Road and Sidford Road, on Sunday. Councillor Stuart Hughes said Devon’s traveller liaison officer has been notified. The vehicles soon moved on.
Devon’s traveller liaison officer was notified after several caravans parked up at a Sidmouth green space today (Sunday) - only for the visitors to leave within a few hours.
The vehicles arrived at Long Park, off Arcot Road and Sidford Road, sparking much discussion on social media.
Town, district and county councillor Stuart Hughes told the Herald he had notified Devon’s traveller liaison officer and the town clerk.
“I expect that they will move in a few days and therefore negate the need to seek an eviction notice,” said Councillor Hughes this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Hughes’s prediction became a very sudden reality as there was no sign of the caravans later on Sunday night, with locals posting photos of the field empty.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'