Short stay in Long Park: ‘traveller liaison officer notified’ after caravans stop off at Sidmouth park - but vehicles leave within hours
- Credit: Archant
Caravans arrived at Long Park in Sidmouth, off Arcot Road and Sidford Road, on Sunday. Councillor Stuart Hughes said Devon’s traveller liaison officer has been notified. The vehicles soon moved on.
Devon’s traveller liaison officer was notified after several caravans parked up at a Sidmouth green space today (Sunday) - only for the visitors to leave within a few hours.
The vehicles arrived at Long Park, off Arcot Road and Sidford Road, sparking much discussion on social media.
Town, district and county councillor Stuart Hughes told the Herald he had notified Devon’s traveller liaison officer and the town clerk.
“I expect that they will move in a few days and therefore negate the need to seek an eviction notice,” said Councillor Hughes this evening.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Hughes’s prediction became a very sudden reality as there was no sign of the caravans later on Sunday night, with locals posting photos of the field empty.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman