Sid Vale Asssociation talk on Sampson’s Sidmouth
SVA talks cover topics from Sidmouth’s architecture and geology to travels through Panama Canal
AN illustrated talk about the work of Sidmouth architect, R W Sampson, will be given by Martin Mallinson at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, Sidmouth, on Wednesday, November 16, from 2.30pm.
The talk has been organised by Sid Vale Association but all are welcome to attend. Admission is �1.50, with tea included.
The SVA holds regular talks at the theatre. In January 2012, its former chairman, and now chairman of the Keith Owen Fund it administers, the Reverend Handel Bennett, will talk on Notion to Oceans – A transit through the Panama Canal and Caribbean.
Dr Bob Symes, curator of Sidmouth Museum, will be guest speaker in February, and will talk about the geological genius of Sidmouth’s antiquarian Peter Orlando Hutchinson.
You may also want to watch:
The following month Camilla Hampshire will speak about the redevelopment of Exeter’s Royal Albert Memorial Museum.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser