Sid Vale Athletic Meeting to take place in May and other news
Sid Vale Athletic Meeting will take place at the rugby field, Sidford. Read this and more.
ATHLETIC MEET: Sid Vale Athletic Meeting will take place on Sunday, May 27, at the rugby field, Sidford from 2pm.
ISRAEL: Hatikvah is the national anthem of Israel and also the name of a film trust.
Hatikvah is making a trilogy on the controversial nation of and history of Israel. The first part has been completed and will be screened at St Francis Church, Woolbrook Road, Sidmouth next month.
You may also want to watch:
The free viewing of this DVD, entitled Blessing, Curse or Co-incidence? will be held Wednesday, March 7, at 2.30pm. There will be study guides available to buy for further study. All are welcome.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
CARSHARE: Devon motorists are being encouraged to car share with other commuters to save on fuel costs.
Many of the 8,840 members of Carsharedevon.com say they have made huge savings at the petrol pumps.
Free to join, it allows motorists across the South West to find people to share their journey with, and get help towards fuel costs.
Commissioned by Devon County Council, in partnership with Plymouth and Torbay councils, Sidmouth, Sidford County Councillor Stuart Hughes, cabinet member for Highways and Transportation, said: “There is scope for more commuters to get involved and I really would encourage anyone driving regularly to go to carsharedevon.com, register and look at the possibilities. Not only could it save you hundreds of pounds every year, you’ll be doing your bit for the environment and saving yourself the stress of having to drive every day.”