Sid Vale Scouts enjoy weekend camp fun
Members of lst Sid Vale Group Scouts enjoyed a bank holiday camp near Sidmouth.
BEING a scout is great, as these pictures of 1st Sid Vale Group’s bank holiday weekend camp show.
Held at Salcombe Regis activity field, more than 65 boys and girls attended the three day camp, and enjoyed good weather as well as lots of activities to keep them busy.
A climbing wall was hired – at great expense – for the full three days, and was well used and enjoyed by all the scouts.
Other activities included wide games, scaventure hunt, thermalite block carving – with blocks donated by Bradfords, Sidmouth, plumbing and car mechanical base.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a water fight with large two-man held catapults with water bombs, cooking completion on open fires with six ingredients, a camp fire, with the release of Chinese lanterns and finally, with everyone in camp, a Scottish day, with everyone in traditional Scottish dress, including kilts, taking part in their own Highland games.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 10 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'