Sid Vale Scouts enjoy weekend camp fun
Members of lst Sid Vale Group Scouts enjoyed a bank holiday camp near Sidmouth.
BEING a scout is great, as these pictures of 1st Sid Vale Group’s bank holiday weekend camp show.
Held at Salcombe Regis activity field, more than 65 boys and girls attended the three day camp, and enjoyed good weather as well as lots of activities to keep them busy.
A climbing wall was hired – at great expense – for the full three days, and was well used and enjoyed by all the scouts.
Other activities included wide games, scaventure hunt, thermalite block carving – with blocks donated by Bradfords, Sidmouth, plumbing and car mechanical base.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a water fight with large two-man held catapults with water bombs, cooking completion on open fires with six ingredients, a camp fire, with the release of Chinese lanterns and finally, with everyone in camp, a Scottish day, with everyone in traditional Scottish dress, including kilts, taking part in their own Highland games.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman