Volunteers needed to boost Sidmouth scouts
- Credit: Archant
Securing new adult volunteers to allow Sidmouth’s strong scouting community to continue to grow is among the aims of its new group leader.
John Keast has taken up the post at 1st Sid Vale Scout Group wants to encourage helpers to come forward to support them behind the scenes.
The executive committee are looking for volunteers who would be able to take on a mix of roles from taking minutes at meetings, organising trips and knowledge of social media.
Helpers are also encouraged to join the scout’s working party which meet on Wednesdays to make sure the centre and equipment in good shape.
John said: “Scouting in Sidmouth is really strong, we have 150 youngsters of different age groups.
You may also want to watch:
“My primary responsibility is to support the leaders. I think there is a massive amount of back office work which is where the extra support can come in to support all of this.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead