Sid Valley Food Bank appeals for donations
- Credit: Archant
Sid Valley Food Bank volunteers have issued a plea for donations after completely running out of some basic items.
Session leader Andie Milne said the charity had been ‘extremely’ busy and demand was unlikely to decrease in the foreseeable future.
Last week it issued 23 hampers to feed 47 individuals – up from 42 the previous week, when ages ranged from four months to 80 years old.
The food bank is requesting donations of tinned meats, tinned fish, tinned veg, tinned fruit, tinned potatoes, savoury noodles and rice, cereals except porridge, and family-friendly pasta and curry sauces
Andie, along with administrator Louise MacAllister and stock controllers Tom and Jo de Remer, recently took over from food bank manager Lois Swarbrick.
You may also want to watch:
There are donation points at churches around the town, as well as at Waitrose, Co-op, Tesco, Spar supermarkets, and at NatWest bank.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity