Sid Valley Food Bank needs manager
- Credit: Archant
A service that offers food to needy families in Sidmouth needs a manager so it can continue to grow.
A network of volunteers set up the Sid Valley Food Bank in December, but Ian Skinner from the Lions club has insisted: “It’s not just for Christmas.”
The new manager will be responsible for overseeing the receipt of donations on Monday mornings from 10.30am until 11.30am, and the collections by those with vouchers on Friday afternoons from 1pm until 3pm.
They would also have to liaise with agencies such as Sidmouth Help Link, which sends a representative on Fridays to offer advice on how to escape food crisis.
The role will evolve as the food bank adapts to the town’s particular needs, and the successful applicant will have the chance to further its development.
You may also want to watch:
Ian said: “The food bank is not just for Christmas – it’s ongoing for however long it takes.”
He added that he understands the scale of the undertaking – a position that needs to be filled 52 weeks of the year – so it could be shared between two people to lighten the load.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Expenses and an honorarium will be paid for the position.
For a full job description, contact Ian on 01395 512923.
Applications can be sent to Mr Ian Skinner, 1 Hamilton Close, Sidford, EX10 9QT before February 22.
The food bank takes donations of sealed, non-perishable foods such as canned goods, cereals and fruit juices, as well as toiletries like soap and toilet rolls – which can be dropped off in various food shops, churches and schools in the Sid Valley.