Sid Valley group plans renewable energy open day
Questions on renewable energy to be answered by SVEAG at autumn open day
WITH growing interest in renewable energy in Sidmouth, Sid Valley Energy Action Group is planning an open day on the subject this autumn.
Whether people want to save money or reduce their carbon footprint, the group hopes to answer questions such as what are the risks, pros and cons and benefits of renewable energy?
SVEAG believes those considering a move to renewable energy will want to speak to users about specifications and practicalities of day-to-day use.
Spokeswoman Jackie Green said: “Whether you are interested in solar photovoltaics and the Feed in Tariff (FITs), solar thermal and the new renewable heat incentives, or wind turbines, this open day will be the chance to speak to current users within the Sid Valley area.”
You may also want to watch:
The open day event will be in September or October – date to be announced – and also plans visits to local installations and possibly the offer of discount if people wish to go ahead.
To register for the open day, contact Jackie on (01395) 578089, SVEAG chairman, Derek Chant (01395) 516655 or see www.visionforsidmouth.org for more details.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser