Sid Valley Horticultural show schedule launch
Sidford fundraising coffee morning will launch 2011 gardening show schedule
A fundraising coffee morning at Sidford will launch this year’s schedule for Sid Valley Horticultural Society’s annual gardening show.
It will take place at Sidford Social Hall from 10am to noon on Saturday, March 26 and have “all the usual stalls,” said show secretary Beryl Kingman.
This year, two extra cups have been ordered in memory of two of the society’s patrons, the late Paul Hargreaves of Victoria Laundry and Les Bull.
A remembrance cup for Mr Hargreaves will be awarded for the best floral arrangement, while the Les Bull Cup will be given to the winners of the eight to 11 age group in the children’s contest.
You may also want to watch:
Until now only one children’s cup has been up for grabs.
“We have tweaked things a bit for this year’s show,” said Beryl, who said schedules would be available at the coffee morning, then at Sidford Post Office, Whoops A Daisy, Sidmouth, Sidmouth Garden Centre, Sidmouth Print, High Street, Drews of Sidbury and Woolbrook Post Office.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton