Sid Valley Horticultural show schedule launch
Sidford fundraising coffee morning will launch 2011 gardening show schedule
A fundraising coffee morning at Sidford will launch this year’s schedule for Sid Valley Horticultural Society’s annual gardening show.
It will take place at Sidford Social Hall from 10am to noon on Saturday, March 26 and have “all the usual stalls,” said show secretary Beryl Kingman.
This year, two extra cups have been ordered in memory of two of the society’s patrons, the late Paul Hargreaves of Victoria Laundry and Les Bull.
A remembrance cup for Mr Hargreaves will be awarded for the best floral arrangement, while the Les Bull Cup will be given to the winners of the eight to 11 age group in the children’s contest.
You may also want to watch:
Until now only one children’s cup has been up for grabs.
“We have tweaked things a bit for this year’s show,” said Beryl, who said schedules would be available at the coffee morning, then at Sidford Post Office, Whoops A Daisy, Sidmouth, Sidmouth Garden Centre, Sidmouth Print, High Street, Drews of Sidbury and Woolbrook Post Office.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon