Sid Valley Horticultural Society show returns for 89th year
- Credit: Archant
The best of Sidmouth’s home-grown flowers, fruit and vegetables will be on display when the Sid Valley Horticultural Society’s main event returns for its 89th year.
The annual gardening and craft show will also boast cookery, handicrafts, photography, flower arranging, art and several classes for young people.
Last year - which organisers feared would be the last show due to the shortage of volunteers - more than 500 entries filled the large marquee in Sidford Sports Field.
This year under-fives were challenged to paint a clown’s face and the 70 entries will be among those on display.
There is a separate section for Women’s Institute members, who will also be providing tea and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
The show returns next Saturday (August 19). Admission starts at 2pm or 1.30pm for anyone with a disability. Presentations will take place at approximately 4.30pm.
Entry is £2.50 or free for under-16s.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
The event is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society.