Sid Valley Memory Cafe celebrates first Christmas lunch
Sid Valley support group for dementia sufferers and carers goes from strength to strength
THE Sid Valley Memory Cafe, set up as a support group for dementia sufferers and their carers, is going from strength to strength.
Chairman, John Summerside, reported this last week when more than 40 members enjoyed their first Christmas lunch together at the Kingswood Hotel.
“We are getting new people all the time,” he said.
“The challenge in terms of support both for carers and the cared for, is huge. But, with the help of our tremendous team of volunteers and support from the local community, it is a challenge we are determined to meet.”
You may also want to watch:
The festive spirit of the luncheon was enlivened by seasonal recitations by Ken Davis and Ray Pickworth and by carols accompanied by pianist Lorna Pirrie.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance