Sid Valley Memory Cafe celebrates first Christmas lunch
Sid Valley support group for dementia sufferers and carers goes from strength to strength
THE Sid Valley Memory Cafe, set up as a support group for dementia sufferers and their carers, is going from strength to strength.
Chairman, John Summerside, reported this last week when more than 40 members enjoyed their first Christmas lunch together at the Kingswood Hotel.
“We are getting new people all the time,” he said.
“The challenge in terms of support both for carers and the cared for, is huge. But, with the help of our tremendous team of volunteers and support from the local community, it is a challenge we are determined to meet.”
You may also want to watch:
The festive spirit of the luncheon was enlivened by seasonal recitations by Ken Davis and Ray Pickworth and by carols accompanied by pianist Lorna Pirrie.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride