Sid Valley Memory Cafe seeks volunteers
Popular Sidmouth drop-in centre needs more voluntary helpers
THE Sid Valley Memory Caf� has become so successful that more volunteer help is needed.
Chairman, John Summerside, reported this week that over 50 regularly attend the Caf�, which is a drop-in resource centre for carers and memory loss sufferers.
It meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at Twyford House at 2.30p.m.
Making his appeal for more volunteers to join the team, Mr Summerside said: “It is an opportunity for community-spirited people to help us meet what is a growing problem affecting so many in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to register support please call (01395) 542574 or write to Angela Thompson at Twyford House, Coberg Road, Sidmouth.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead