Sid Valley Memory Cafe seeks volunteers
Popular Sidmouth drop-in centre needs more voluntary helpers
THE Sid Valley Memory Caf� has become so successful that more volunteer help is needed.
Chairman, John Summerside, reported this week that over 50 regularly attend the Caf�, which is a drop-in resource centre for carers and memory loss sufferers.
It meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at Twyford House at 2.30p.m.
Making his appeal for more volunteers to join the team, Mr Summerside said: “It is an opportunity for community-spirited people to help us meet what is a growing problem affecting so many in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to register support please call (01395) 542574 or write to Angela Thompson at Twyford House, Coberg Road, Sidmouth.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park