Sid Valley Netball Club nets £3,600 in grant funding for new equipment
- Credit: Archant
Sid Valley Netball Club has received more than £3,600 in funding to buy necessary kit and equipment.
The club has been boosted by the district council’s Parishes Together Fund and Keith Owen Fund which donated £1,846 each.
Since its inception last September, the club has grown its squad to 57 players with teams for youngsters in years’ six to 11.
Sidmouth Town Council applied last year to the Parishes Together Fund on behalf of the club with the support of Newton Poppleford and Harpford Parish Council.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, said: “I’m delighted that this money will go towards encouraging young people in the Sid Valley to get involved in sport and to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
“Through the Parishes Together fund, we’re encouraging local communities to identify projects that will make a real and positive difference to their town or village. We’re particularly keen to see applications that support new projects that will benefit whole communities.”
Councillor Phil Twiss, chairman of EDDC’s Parishes Together Fund decision making panel, said: “Youth netball is important as it encourages girls to participate in sport and get healthier and have fun.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Sid Valley Netball Club meets Tuesday nights at St John’s International School.
Training runs from 5.30pm to 6.30pm for under 12s, 6.30pm to 7.30pm for under 14s and 7.30pm to 8.30pm for under 16s.