Sid Valley Rotary launch annual community draw
Rotarians team up to hold community prize draw once more to aid local organisations
ONCE again Sid Valley Rotary Club is teaming up with other local Devon Rotarians to organise a community raffle to boost the funds of local organisations without financial risk.
Known as the South East Devon Community Raffle, tickets will be on sale from Sunday, May 1 to October 31, with the draw taking place in November.
In the past four years the scheme has been operating, more than �115,000 has been raised for local groups.
The Rotary clubs, including Honiton, Axminster, Otter Valley and Dawlish Water as well as Sid Valley, obtain the lottery licence and organise all administration, making no profit as participating organisations keep all the money they raise through ticket sales.
Rotary undertakes to:
? Provide four main prizes - �1,000, �500 and two at �250.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 4 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Care home welcomes town council chairman during 'Wimbledon' afternoon
- 10 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
? Print tickets in books of five selling at �1 per ticket.
? Provide personalised tickets to each group.
? Organise the prize draw in November.
? Publicise the winners.
Participating organisations will:
? Sell as many tickets as possible.
? Donate 10 percent of ticket sales towards prizes and administration.
? Return the counterfoils of tickets sold to their Rotary club by October 31, together with 10 percent of the ticket sales.
? Ensure all returned counterfoils have been separated from the book and folded in four.
? Return a statement (supplied), by two responsible officers of the organisation showing the number of tickets sold and the total revenue raised. Without this return ticket stubs cannot be entered in the draw.
More information can be found at www.sedcr.org.uk and those wanting to take part should contact Rotarian organiser David Royse at Clairemont Cottage, Station Road, Sidmouth, EX10 8XJ. Telephone (01395) 512276.