Sid Valley Rotary Race Night raises �1,600 for Force
THE Sid Valley Rotary Club’s annual Race Night at the Blue Ball in Sidford raised �1,600 for cancer charity Force and other local causes.
Scores of Sidmouth residents and members of the local business community enjoyed the evening in its third year.
Punters were invited to bet on the winner of recorded horse, dog and even pig races, all of which had been generously sponsored by local businesses.
Ownership of the individual animals was also sold, with the owner of each winning animal receiving a bottle of champagne.
Organiser and Rotarian, Mike Lavers, thanked those who contributed to the success of the evening and said: “We are very grateful for the generous support of so many local businesses in these difficult times. Without it we would not have been able to raise this substantial sum for Force and other local charities.”
You may also want to watch:
Estate agent Mike Dibble acted as MC and auctioneer and kept the audience entertained with jokes between the races and a hot supper provided by the Blue Ball.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman