Sid Valley Rotary Race Night raises �1,600 for Force
THE Sid Valley Rotary Club’s annual Race Night at the Blue Ball in Sidford raised �1,600 for cancer charity Force and other local causes.
Scores of Sidmouth residents and members of the local business community enjoyed the evening in its third year.
Punters were invited to bet on the winner of recorded horse, dog and even pig races, all of which had been generously sponsored by local businesses.
Ownership of the individual animals was also sold, with the owner of each winning animal receiving a bottle of champagne.
Organiser and Rotarian, Mike Lavers, thanked those who contributed to the success of the evening and said: “We are very grateful for the generous support of so many local businesses in these difficult times. Without it we would not have been able to raise this substantial sum for Force and other local charities.”
You may also want to watch:
Estate agent Mike Dibble acted as MC and auctioneer and kept the audience entertained with jokes between the races and a hot supper provided by the Blue Ball.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect