Sid Valley Rotary Race Night success
Under starter’s orders - Sid Valley Rotarians raise �1,500 for Devon Young Carers
IT was a packed house of runners and riders for Sid Valley Rotary Club’s second race night at the Blue Ball last Thursday, November 4, with many attending from Sidmouth’s business community.
The meeting was brought under starter’s order by the dynamic Mike Dibble, who ensured that the proceedings not only went with a swing, but also raised some �1,500 towards the “Devon Young Carers” charity that the Sid Valley Rotary Club is supporting.
Paul Dowen, President of the Rotary Club, said he was “delighted with the evening; not only was it a great event in the social calendar, but everyone enjoyed themselves, and were happy to raise funds to help people less fortunate than ourselves – which is always our aim.”
Photo shows: Graham Salter of East Devon Associates, owner of one of the winning horses, being presented with his champagne prize by Rotary Club Secretary Harry Ryder.
You may also want to watch:
The event was a great success all round and organiser, Mike Lavers, said that Sid Valley RC hope to run it again next year.
Anyone interested in getting involved with the club should contact Mike on (01395) 516292.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid