Sid Valley’s youngsters asked for dream play park ideas for two new playgrounds
- Credit: Archant
Children across the Sid Valley have been drawing up designs for their dream play park.
East Devon District Council has funding to spend on two public play areas in Sidmouth that need replacing.
This included the playpark at Manstone and the one next to Le Locle Close in the Stowford Rise area. Instead of the authority deciding what should be installed, children and young people from across the area have been called upon to come up with ideas about what they would like.
Thanks to the help of the area’s youngsters, the council has now found out what they want to see the most.
Their requirements have now been sent off to several play area companies who will use the children’s wish list to come up with possible designs for the play areas.
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space for more information.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight