Sidbury and Sidford RBL launch poppy collection
- Credit: Archant
Poppy volunteers in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford will begin their annual collection from tomorrow (Saturday).
Collectors will be out for the next two weeks in the run up to Remembrance Sunday on November 12.
There is also a coffee morning in aid of the Poppy Appeal on Saturday, November 4, in Sidford Social Hall.
The event will run from 10am to noon and costs £1 entry and include refreshments and stalls.
The Friends of the Poppy Appeal in Newton Poppleford are also holding an event on Saturday, November 11 in the hope to raise money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Doors will open to the village hall from 10.30am until noon.
Colin Kingman, poppy appeal co-ordinator for the Sidbury and Sidford branch, said: “The branch hopes you will support this appeal as generously as you have in previous years.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“We are all very grateful to the ladies at Newton Poppleford for hosting this event.”