Sidbury artist’s disco fundraising success
Happy hippies help Liz raise �800 for breast cancer NY Walk the Walk marathon
THE clock was turned back to the 60s and 70s on Saturday for those who supported a fundraising disco at Sidbury village hall.
Villager Liz Belither, who paints under the name Liz Vonberg, said she was thrilled to raise more than �800 profit which will go towards the �1,000 she needs to raise before she undertakes the New York Walk the Walk marathon on November 6.
She said: “Many people came in vintage clobber, they danced the night away to the discs spun by Jerry A Trick (Andy Webb), who kept the floor filled most of the night, while they generously bought raffle tickets and emptied the bar of beer.”
Liz, 56, who knows several friends who have suffered from breast cancer, will raise money for Uniting Against Breast Cancer in her first marathon walk in New York.
You may also want to watch:
In 2006 and 2007 she did the London Moonwalk in aid of breast cancer charity.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future