Sidbury blogger’s award hope
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly initiative has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly company has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
Cotford resident Cathy Debenham was delighted to learn her firm YouGen’s renewable energy internet blog has been named as one of three finalists in the running for a gong at this year’s Observer Ethical Awards.
“To get this far is a real honour and I’m sure it will help us to help even more people,” said Cathy.
The YouGen blog brings together reporting, comment and expert advice on renewable energy with the aim of educating and entertaining readers to create confident, informed consumers in the market for renewable energy.
You may also want to watch:
“The Observer was one of the first to set up an award for ethical businesses and I’ve always seen it as the one to aim for,” added Cathy.
Award winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on June 9.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride