Sidbury blogger’s award hope
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly initiative has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly company has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
Cotford resident Cathy Debenham was delighted to learn her firm YouGen’s renewable energy internet blog has been named as one of three finalists in the running for a gong at this year’s Observer Ethical Awards.
“To get this far is a real honour and I’m sure it will help us to help even more people,” said Cathy.
The YouGen blog brings together reporting, comment and expert advice on renewable energy with the aim of educating and entertaining readers to create confident, informed consumers in the market for renewable energy.
You may also want to watch:
“The Observer was one of the first to set up an award for ethical businesses and I’ve always seen it as the one to aim for,” added Cathy.
Award winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on June 9.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners