Sidbury blogger’s award hope
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly initiative has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
A SIDBURY woman’s environmentally friendly company has been shortlisted for prestigious accolade.
Cotford resident Cathy Debenham was delighted to learn her firm YouGen’s renewable energy internet blog has been named as one of three finalists in the running for a gong at this year’s Observer Ethical Awards.
“To get this far is a real honour and I’m sure it will help us to help even more people,” said Cathy.
The YouGen blog brings together reporting, comment and expert advice on renewable energy with the aim of educating and entertaining readers to create confident, informed consumers in the market for renewable energy.
You may also want to watch:
“The Observer was one of the first to set up an award for ethical businesses and I’ve always seen it as the one to aim for,” added Cathy.
Award winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on June 9.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance